Thread: Missing Zimlets

Default Missing Zimlets

Hi. Hopefully this isn't a duplicate post. I looked, and wasn't able to find a similar one. I am missing my zimlet box within Zimbra. I don't know how long it has been gone, or if I did anything to make it go away. Some of my zimlets still work (mouseovers on dates, etc.) but I'm not able to use any that I would need to see the actual zimlet displayed (amazon, for example). I am the system admin, and I don't see any admin settings incorrectly configured to make these unavailable to me. They are available in my COS and on my account specifically as well. Is there a preference I'm missing to not display zimlets?

Default Not Safari

No sir. I am using Firefox on WinXP and Ubuntu 7.04. Just for the fun of it, I tried it on IE7, too, no dice. A bit of new information...as you may have noticed from my profile, I'm running 5.0 Beta 3. Upgraded about 1 month ago from 4.5.something. I'm not positive, but I think that they've been working since then. I noticed also today that another user is experiencing the same thing...

just crossing off one thing at a time

You just joined the forums in august so I didn't know if you started with 5b3 or upgraded.
    (Let's put aside the fact that you think they worked for a bit, because even you're not really 100% sure.)

So let's just re-deploy the zimlets.

su zimbra

To see what you currently have available:
    zmzimletctl listZimlets

Then browse to /opt/zimbra/zimlets (or -extras)
    zmzimletctl deploy com_zimbra_something.zip

(this will enable it for the default COS only-you'll have to apply it to other COS's)
    Last edited by mmorse; 10-01-2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: need to manually apply it to other COS

Default same issue

Hello,

We've been experiencing the same issue. We just upgraded from 4.5.6
    network edition to 4.5.7, and the zimlet bar just isn't there. We'd removed
    and re-deployed the zimlets (with several zmcontol stop starts in the middle) and while they show in the list of installed zimlets, they don't appear in the
    web client. This is with both the latest firefox and the latest explorer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    p

Default Fixed!

Well, you may mark this one as solved, at least for me. I tried deploying them on the command line, and it worked - if they hadn't been installed before. The rest still didn't show up. So here's what I did: I removed all of the Zimlets using the admin web interface, and then reinstalled all of the Zimlets on the command line (which was easy, because I had just done it before, so all I had to do was find the right lines and hit enter). When I finished, I checked the zimlets part of the web admin interface again, and they were all there again. I then double checked the COS settings for Zimlets, and then my user settings for Zimlets. Everything appeared to be in order. I refreshed my zimbra page, and lo and behold, there were my beloved Zimlets! Thanks!

ppp2 are you still having trouble?

zmzimletctl undeploy com_zimbra_whatever.zip
    & then clear out a few folders in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/service/zimlets/
    (don't empty the entire thing - you don't want to loose admin zimlets)
    then the zimlet shouldn't show up in any of the 3 sections of zmzimletctl listZimlets
    zmcontrol stop/start
    cd /opt/zimbra/zimlets-extras
    zmzimletctl deploy com_zimbra_whatever.zip
    assign to necessary cos's