Thread: weird Asterisk zimlet behaviour

Default weird Asterisk zimlet behaviour

Not quite sure what's up here.

I've found that when I configure and setup the Asterisk zimlet, everything seems to work fine if I click on the Zimlet, and then enter a phone number. However, if I drag and drop a contact onto the Zimlet, and then select the number to call from the drop down list (or leave the drop down list at the default) the 'to' number is always blank.

For example, I enter the number manually (6135551212) and the Zimlet debug output is as follows (this is the Zimlet sip dialog in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/catalina.out)

Asterisk debug mode on
    Calling from 219 to 6135551212

However, when I drag and drop a contact onto the Zimlet, and select a number from the drop down list (6135551212) I get:

Asterisk debug mode on
    Calling from 219 to

It's blank. I've undeployed, manually removed the Asterisk zimlet dir, and redeployed a few times. Same problem. I've also edited the asterisk.js file, and found that the values 'finalto' and 'to' are always blank for some reason (see below), even for the js!

I've flushed my browser cache just in case, and of course restarted tomcat between every deployment attempt. I know my new js is updated, because I've changed the output to:

this.displayStatusMessage('Connecting '+finalto);

or

this.displayStatusMessage('Connecting '+to);

and various other values while debugging this.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the asterisk.js code always receives a blank number to call, when one does a drag and drop?

Would anyone be able to verify this behaviour with 4.5.6? I'd hate to file a bug report without some confirmation first...

Hmm.

Something very odd I've noticed.

If I have a contact with a mobile phone number filled in, it works! That is, any contact I drop on the Asterisk Zimlet will be callable, as long as that contact has a mobile number filled in. If I have no mobile number in that contact, I can not contact them.

For example, contact Joe Smith. I have a home phone, work phone, and mobile phone. I drag Joe to the Asterisk Zimlet, drop and can pick any of his numbers. I call, and it works without issue.

Then I remove Joe's mobile number from his contact. I drag Joe to the Zimlet, and calling does not work. When I do this, the outgoing number is actually empty, as described in my first post.

Very odd. Ideas?