Thread: Debug/Firebug : breakpoint in Zimlet init function

Default Debug/Firebug : breakpoint in Zimlet init function

Hello,

Since I'm using 5.0 version (I used 4.5.8 in the past), I can't put a breakpoint in my Zimlet init function with Firebug anymore.
    Zimbra add a parameter "&v=12011..." to JavaScript file URL, so Firebug see it as a new file after each Zimbra reload => My Firebug breakpoint doesn't exist anymore.

Is it possible to remove this "&v=..." parameter ? Or is there another way to put a breakpoint in Zimlet init function ?

Thanks.
    Marine

No, I didn't.
    But following your idea, I just tried with this parameter, and that doesn't seem to do anything.
    Code:
    http://192.168.1.108/zimbra/?app=calendar&gzip=false&debug=3&skin=steel&mode=mjsf&dev=1#1
    (Zimbra automatically add "#1" at the end of the URL)

Another idea, please ?

Quote Originally Posted by marinew View Post
    No, I didn't.
    But following your idea, I just tried with this parameter, and that doesn't seem to do anything.
    Code:
    http://192.168.1.108/zimbra/?app=calendar&gzip=false&debug=3&skin=steel&mode=mjsf&dev=1#1
    (Zimbra automatically add "#1" at the end of the URL)

Another idea, please ?
    Ahh. Never mind you are running 4.5.6. Try upgrading your version of Firebug.
    Fireclipse Overview

I don't have a problem with the breakpoints resetting with that version.

I installed Fireclipse (corresponding in fact to Firebug 1.1.0b10), but that's not better.
    Not sure to have been clear because of my bad english : I'm currently working with Zimbra 5.0.

JoshuaPrismon, could you please tell me what name of file you see, in Firebug "Script" tab for your zimlet ?
    I see : "myZimlet.js?debug=1?v=12011..."
    And "v" value change after each Zimbra reload. Is it the same for you, does "v" value change each time ?

I tried again on a 4.5.6 Zimbra version running on another machine => No problem, Firebug stop on my breakpoint. The script URL is also with a "v" parameter, but without "debug=1" parameter.
    And most important thing : value of "v" parameter seems to be the same frome one time to another if I reload Zimbra...

=> I really think that this "v" parameter could be the cause of my problem in Zimbra 5.0...

Again, is there a way to remove this "v" parameter, or to avoid it to change ?

Thanks

I just noticed a strange thing in 5.0 : all JavaScript files coming with Zimbra have a "v" parameter that don't change frome one time to another. And they all have the same value. Only my Zimlet JavaScript file has a different value, that change each time...

Lightbulb Just for the record...

I was having the same issues with a new zimlet. After pulling out hair (that i cannot afford), I found this thread. I took Joshua's advice and upgraded firefox and firebug (v3 firefox, v1.2 firebug), and all worked as expected.

The v# that marinew wrote about was not an issue.

Hope this helps...