Thread: HTML Free/Busy Calendar

Default HTML Free/Busy Calendar

I am looking to create a zimlet. I am very green when it comes to javascript.

This is what I am looking for the zimlet to do:
    I want a user to be able to click on the zimlet and get a popup to put an email address in or a list of users to pick from.
    I then want the system to verify if the user who entered the email address has access to the users calendar. If he/she does then I would like the html calendar for that user to open in the same window (like yahoo local does), if he/she does NOT have access, I would like the free/busy html calendar to open.

I think this zimlet would be very beneficial for many more people than just myself. Anyone using this is a business environment could find this useful I believe. You could get a much better look at people's schedules for trying to plan a meeting than the schedule that we see already in the appointment maker.

Might even be possible to lay more than one user onto the same calendar in different colors.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to start this kind of zimlet. My thoughts are that I can probably take an existing zimlet and modify it, but I am not sure of the best place to start.

Thanks in advance,

Erik
    Erik Linstad

Hello,

I'm coming quite a bit late, but did you manage to get something ? I'm also looking for something similar, and when I saw your post title, I thought "great, that's exactly what I want!" !