Thread: Anybody got Yahoo local working on NE 5.06?

Default Anybody got Yahoo local working on NE 5.06?

Hi There,

Just did a completely fresh install of 5.06 NE on RHEL 5.1 64. After logging in as the admin and clicking on the Yahoo local zimlet (the only zimlet installed by default) I get the Yahoo API Error which is discussed here:

Bug 26256 - Y! local - Error loading Yahoo API

I just find it hard to believe that the ONLY pre-installed zimlet (well, front facing zimlet) is not working.

I've been building zimbra up for awhile to others, I would hate to show them a demo that unworking components. Of course I could undeploy the zimlet, but I want to use it!

Thanks for your help,

Tony

works fine on 5.0.6 GA on Ubuntu 8.04..... for whatever thats worth.

maybe undeploy and redeploy it?

I haven't gotten my box upgraded yet, but from the discussion on bugzilla, it seems to be a problem with the location information, or at least downloading it.

There's a file out at http://j.maxmind.com/app/geoip.js that the zimlet downloads. What I've done, is downloaded that file manually, updated the lat/long (it was a bit off), and modified the zimlet to look at the file on my local webserver.

If getting to that geoip.js file is your issue, that could fix it. Just keep in mind that on the next upgrade, the zimlet will revert back, and you will need to re-update it.

OK...following those recommendations, I downloaded the geoip.js file, updated it with the correct lat/long values, and placed it on a local webserver.

Then I unpacked the com_zimbra_local.zip zimlet to a temporary location and changed the maxmind URL in the local.js file to point to my new geoip.js file on my local webserver.

Rezipped it, put it back into the /opt/zimbra/zimlets directory and redeployed the zimlet. Then did a zmcontrol stop/start.

I still have the same issue. The error I get is "Error loading Yahoo! API".

I fired up Firebug in Firefox and found that it was looking for the geoip.js file on the local webserver, but something is preventing the Zimbra server from grabbing that file.

GET https://zimbra.my.domain/service/pro...r.com/geoip.js
    The error occurs in Startup1_1_all.js (line 512) and returns a 403 error.

Code:
    <html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"/>

<title>Error 403 </title>

</head>

<body><h2>HTTP ERROR: 403</h2><pre>FORBIDDEN</pre>

<p>RequestURI=/service/proxy</p><p><i><small><a href="http://jetty.mortbay.org/">Powered by Jetty://

</a></small></i></p><br/>                                                

<br/>                                                

<br/>                                                

</body>

</html>
    I jumped back to the command line on that server and used WGET to grab the file....it worked just fine. Doesn't seem to be a firewall issue here. Something in Zimbra seems to be preventing the server from going out and grabbing that file.

Anyone have ideas?

Matt

Well, is Zimbra actually even hitting your internal webserver? Maybe check to see if there's anything in your Log Files - Zimbra :: Wiki

I'm installing 5.0.6 now on one of my servers, hopefully I'll get a chance to play with it today.

I found part of the problem, and it was the zimbraProxyAllowedDomains setting in the COS. I compared the entries in the default COS to the entries in all my custom COSs, and discovered all my custom COSs were short about a dozen or so entries compared to the default COS.

I added all the missing entries and now the Yahoo! Local button works.
    Code:
    zmprov mc COS zimbraProxyAllowedDomains value1 zimbraProxyAllowedDomains value2 zimbraProxyAllowedDomains value3 etc.........
    then
    Code:
    zmprov fc cos COSNAME
    ...on every mailbox server. Problem is all it brings up is a blank map page. Anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks,
    Matt

OK...I found a workaround to the blank map in Yahoo! Local.

If I do a Yahoo! Local search for 'pizza' it brings me to the blank map. Click the search button to the right of the "Upcoming" and "Traffic" buttons and search for an address, I just put in my town. As soon as I did that the map appeared.

Then I went back up to the Yahoo! Local search at the top of my Zimbra window...and did a search for 'pizza' again. Now the map appeared with all the local pizza places notated on the map. I can cancel the Zimlet window, go do some other stuff in Zimbra, and then do a new Yahoo! Local search and it continues to work. If I logout and log back in though it is blank again until I search for a location, and then it's fine again.

Thoughts anyone?

Matt

Another update...the blank Yahoo! Local page problem only seems to affect my personal account. A few others in my office have tested it and it works just fine. Tested users who are on the same server and in the same COS as me. Moved my account to a different server. The others have no problems...but it never works for me.

...oh well...

Matt