Thread: shoretel VoIP Zimlet project

Post shoretel VoIP Zimlet project

We use Shoretel VoIP and would like same functionality as Asterisk unified messaging phone / voicemail zimlets. Has anyone used / tried this with Shoretel yet? Any success?

Default Shoretel interface via zimlet? Asterisk?

I just learned that there's an "asterisk zimlet" allowing some sort of voice integration with Zimbra. My company uses Shoretel, which offers some web control (e.g., you can tell it to send you an email when you have a voice message, optionally including a .wav of the message itself). It also has an Outlook add-on that directly displays voice messages in Outlook and lets you play them through your phone.

Has anyone worked on something like this for Zimbra <-> Shoretel? Can the existing work on Asterisk feasibly be used as a shortcut?

At minimum, I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to build a zimlet that'll connect to the Shoretel web interface. Has anyone else looked into this?

Smile shoretel zimlet

On that note, I work for DKI Services Corp (mentioned in that Shoretel press release) and we are also interested in developing a Shoretel zimlet for Zimbra.

If anyone would like to collaborate on such a project we may be open to the idea. Unfortunately, our internal shoretel integration project is somewhat low on our priority list currently. That might change if there was outside interest in such a thing, though.

Feel free to contact me...

Default Uh that would be a very good thing

Quote Originally Posted by webaugur View Post
    On that note, I work for DKI Services Corp (mentioned in that Shoretel press release) and we are also interested in developing a Shoretel zimlet for Zimbra.

If anyone would like to collaborate on such a project we may be open to the idea. Unfortunately, our internal shoretel integration project is somewhat low on our priority list currently. That might change if there was outside interest in such a thing, though.

Feel free to contact me...
    How does one contact you?

Quote Originally Posted by pyperdown View Post
    How does one contact you?
    Same question here.

Default Private Message, etc

You can send a private message on this forum and I'll get it via email.

We've still not done anything with Shoretel and Zimbra integration. I was a bit unimpressed with the capabilities of the original API they released for Shoretel 9. That API provides only the features of a hardware phone. Useful but I was hoping for a full API.

Shoretel 11 appears to be much more suitable to integration. The web-based Communicator toolbar supposedly can be integrated with other web apps. So that's likely the direction we will go once we have upgraded to 11.