Thread: WIKI Zimlet

Smile WIKI Zimlet

Hello!

Im planning to integrate a Wiki in Zimbra. Is there a ready solution for this? A Wiki-Zimlet oder a Wiki-Connector-Zimlet?

Thanks a lot

skraddy

Did you suceed with your plan? I would be interested in that, too. Integrating MediaWiki in Zimbra...

psbrogna Guest

Default MediaWiki Zimlet: Me too!

We're in the middle of our evaluation of Zimbra and one of the factors we have to consider is the how to incorporate in Zimbra the content in our local Wiki that uses Wikimedia's engine (MediaWiki? I can't keep up with the naming).

I had been searching for a way to migrate the content but perhaps the best approach would be a MediaWiki Zimlet. As the MediaWiki API is documented, this shouldn't be too daunting a task for someone more familiar than I with creating Zimlets.

I agree. I think migrating Medawiki-content to Zimbra is not a good idea, as Medawiki is more powerful than the Zimbra Briefcase.

For my purposes, a Mediawiki-Zimlet that authenticates the Zimbra user against MediaWiki and provides a Medawiki-tab in Zimbra would be enough. (Mediawiki Zimlet).

Is anyone out there who would be willing to implement such a Zimlet? Maybe we can try to provide some funding for this....

- Bernhard

by the way, there is an LDAP extension for MediaWiki. It should be quite easy to set this up to do the authentication Zimbra=MediaWiki. So the remaining work for the Zimlet could be only to provide a MediaWiki tab within Zimbra.

Extension:LDAP Authentication - MediaWiki

We are working on a Mindtouch zimlet. Frankly a much better wiki than mediawiki (we migrated us and all our clients from mediawiki to mindtouch (dekiwiki)). Any feature suggestions for a mindtouch zimlet would be listened to - single sign on, mindtouch tab, right click send to wiki is all planned at present. (and probably easier to do in mindtouch).
    http://www.solutionsfirst.com.au/hosting/zimbra/
    Australia's premier Zimbra Hosting Partner
    Resellers wanted!

Hello Dave,

Quote Originally Posted by dave_kempe View Post
    We are working on a Mindtouch zimlet. Frankly a much better wiki than mediawiki (we migrated us and all our clients from mediawiki to mindtouch (dekiwiki)). Any feature suggestions for a mindtouch zimlet would be listened to - single sign on, mindtouch tab, right click send to wiki is all planned at present. (and probably easier to do in mindtouch).
    Have you done some Mindtouch Zimlets ? Do you share your features ?

We are trying Mindtouch in our firm. We would like to integrate Zimbra inside (showing the tasks list in some pages, ...)

Thanks

Default Semantic MediaWiki

I'd like to point everybody thinking about a Wiki integration (especialle a with MediaWiki) to a very interesting semantic Wiki:
    semantic-mediawiki.org

It's an extension to MediaWiki and it adds semantics to it. There is avery active developer community. I'm actually looking for Zimbra users/admins/developers who have experience with Semantic MediaWiki.

A integration of Zimbra & Semantic MediaWiki is on my wishlist.

-Bernhard

Quote Originally Posted by dranakan View Post
    Hello Dave,

Have you done some Mindtouch Zimlets ? Do you share your features ?

We are trying Mindtouch in our firm. We would like to integrate Zimbra inside (showing the tasks list in some pages, ...)

Thanks
    Hi,
    we haven't finished development on this yet - partly because of lack of demand. Happy to change priorities in the face of cash flow of course
    We are working on an email to wiki extension for Mindtouch, which will not be Zimbra specific, but any suggestions you have we would love to hear from you.
    Sorry I didn't reply - forgot to subscribe to this thread.
    http://www.solutionsfirst.com.au/hosting/zimbra/
    Australia's premier Zimbra Hosting Partner
    Resellers wanted!

We are working on an email to wiki extension for Mindtouch, which will not be Zimbra specific
    Dave a zimlet or other method to move data from email to mindtouch wiki would be fantastic. That or a way to monitor an email box and import it automatically in to the wiki for a particular user.
    We are currently looking for options for a lot of our Mac users as Mindtouch desktop / connectors are all Windows based and almost none of us use Outlook (at the moment).
    Last edited by Miggans; 08-18-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: extra bits