Thread: Zimlet capabilities

jimmy5804 Guest

Default Zimlet capabilities

Hi,

I'm completely new to Zimlets. Just scanned the whitepaper today and have a couple quick capabilities questions if someone is patient enough to provide answers.

1) I'd like to be able to manipulate the order in which conversations appear in the main view. I'm under the impression this is outside the capabilities/security model of Zimlets. Is this correct?

2) Can a Flash object (.swf) be embedded in a Zimlet directly (as opposed to a pop-up window)?

TIA!

1) I'd like to be able to manipulate the order in which conversations appear in the main view. I'm under the impression this is outside the capabilities/security model of Zimlets. Is this correct?
    There is really no security model for Zimlets. There probably should be, but there isn't. Anything you can get a hold of in the browser window is yours to modify. Use Firebug to drill down and get a hold of the Zimbra JS objects you want to use.

2) Can a Flash object (.swf) be embedded in a Zimlet directly (as opposed to a pop-up window)?
    Not sure what you mean by that, but I think the answer is yes. Your Zimlet can display a layer that has HTML with the SWF embedded.