Thread: toolTip giving "undefined" instead of webpage contents

Hybrid View

Default toolTip giving "undefined" instead of webpage contents

I am trying to make a Zimlet that will match a re for a decimal value, and on a hover load a window with the contents of http://foo/bar?[the value matched for the regular expression]

At present I have just com_example_foo.xml in the zip; its contents are:

Code:
    <zimlet name="com_example_foo" version="1.0" description="Information Lookup">
        <contentObject>
            <matchOn>
                <regex attrs="ig">[regexp here]</regex>
            </matchOn>
            <toolTip sticky="true" height="300" width="300">
                <actionUrl
                  target="http://foo/bar">
                    <param name="query">${src.objectContent}</param>
                </actionUrl>
            </toolTip>
        </contentObject>
    </zimlet>
    At present the Zimlet seems to be loading and the regular expression seems to be matching what I want it to match; a test identifier in the document turns blue, and a toolTip pops up, but it says "undefined." If I manually test the URL it should be pulling from, it gives something other than "undefined," whether or not any parameters are passed.

Am I missing something about the right way to make a mouseover window? I couldn't find a particularly complete <toolTip> example in zimlets-extra or zimlets-experimental. If I can't or shouldn't use <toolTip> to do this, what are my best odds for making output from http://foo/bar easily available in connection with an appropriate identifier?

Thanks for any pointers,
    Jonathan Hayward, christos.jonathan.hayward@gmail.com

To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork, games, and a four-dimensional maze, why not visit my home page? All of this is waiting for you at JonathansCorner.com.

Would you like to curl up with one of my hardcover books? You can now get my books from CJSHayward.com.

Clarification: I haven't added an XSLT filter as the script I'm pulling from has been adapted to provide an HTML element, intended to work well here. Do I need to have some filter in place, and if so, what is XSLT for "just pass the input through unchanged"?
    Jonathan Hayward, christos.jonathan.hayward@gmail.com

To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork, games, and a four-dimensional maze, why not visit my home page? All of this is waiting for you at JonathansCorner.com.

Would you like to curl up with one of my hardcover books? You can now get my books from CJSHayward.com.

Cool Is this what you want?

You want to open a window on a mouse-over ? It's a bit violent, no?

Anyway, I don't think that put a <actionUrl> in a tooltip will work.
    Most of the time you have to use a js file in the zimlet.

I join a zimlet file that should do what you want if I understood you correctly.
    Just replace the [regexp here] to your original regexp in the com_example_foo.xml
    Attached Files Attached Files