Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Maps doesn't work in email

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by vshah View Post
    So, just from observations while testing Zimbra (and from feedback received from our other test users), not a single address in an email has conformed to that format.
    An overwhelming majority are in the form of:

2510 Fairview Avenue East
    Seattle, WA 98102

and the ones that are on a single line look like:

2510 Fairview Avenue East, Seattle, WA 98102

The Yahoo Maps zimlet hasn't worked on any of the addresses I've received in my email (other than ones I explicitly created to test the zimlet). Is this an isolated instance? Do other users not see this?
    I had the same exact thoughts when evaluating zimbra for my company. Few, if any, addresses are formatted properly to work with the Zimlet. And I don't think too many people will say "Oh, I'd better put everything on one line so the zimlet will work. . ."

Too low a priority to make noise about though.

Has anyone figured this one out yet? I am on 4.5.3 and still no joy on this. The zimlet's show up in my web client but are not working. For instance clicking on Amazon or Yahoo Maps simply generates and empty bubble.

I have tried undeploying and redeploying via zmzimletctl and the Admin interface.
    Cheers,

Travis

"Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"
    -Flight Control, Apollo 13

Quote Originally Posted by Rubble View Post
    I had the same exact thoughts when evaluating zimbra for my company. Few, if any, addresses are formatted properly to work with the Zimlet. And I don't think too many people will say "Oh, I'd better put everything on one line so the zimlet will work. . ."

Too low a priority to make noise about though.
    I'd be happy to swap out the current regex if anyone can find a better one. It's a surprisingly hard problem to solve just in the US. It gets extremely more complicated if you add in international address formats.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Further to this the behavoir is present in both IE and FireFox browsers.

Any thoughts?
    Cheers,

Travis

"Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"

OK. So how can I completely remove and then re-install a zimlet? Undeploy seems to remove it from a COS but leaves it in LDAP etc.:
    [zimbra@webmail logs]$ zmzimletctl listzimlets
    Installed Zimlet files on this host:
    com_zimbra_date
    com_zimbra_email
    com_zimbra_phone
    com_zimbra_search
    com_zimbra_url
    com_zimbra_ymaps
    Installed Zimlets in LDAP:
    com_zimbra_amzn
    com_zimbra_date
    com_zimbra_email
    com_zimbra_phone
    com_zimbra_search
    com_zimbra_url
    com_zimbra_ymaps
    Available Zimlets in COS:
    avmaxgroup:
    default:

I would like to have no installed zimlets and then start from scratch.

I am using the CLI for this not the Admin console.
    Cheers,

Travis

OK. Anyone? Is there a log I can look at to see what is happening when I try to use the Yahoo Maps zimlet?

Could there be something in my IPCop firewall that is sabatoging the attempt?

I REALLY want to use Yahoo maps and I am jealous that everyone can but me.
    Cheers,

Travis

OK. Thanks a ton to jholder for helping me get this fixed.

Long story short, the ymaps and amazon search zimlets (and possibly others, I did not test them all) were failing due to a COS issue in ldap.

It was resolved by moving all users off the COS I created way back when Zimbra was still in Beta and then deleting it.

Strange but true.

In fact the whole issue may have existed because this particular install started out as a Beta test and was then continually upgraded all the way to 4.5.4

Thanks again to jholder and the zimbra team for the assist. I really like my zimlets!
    Cheers,

Travis

Default I have this problem as well

I have the same issue as tbullock. The Amazon and YMaps popup, but are blank. I checked zmzimctrl listZimlets and see that they both are installed on the default COS and everything else looks fine. I read what tbullock did, but don't understand how to do it. I can't figure out how user's can be deleted fromt he COS. I can only find domains to be tied to COS'.

Are you using the default COS? Or did you create one?
    Cheers,

Travis

Default tried both

First it didn't work with the default COS, so I tried creating a new one. I've tried going in and removing the zimlet on the COS and the re-allowing it. Neither of those worked.