Thread: AjxRpc and Ports?

Default AjxRpc and Ports?

I have been using the AjxRpc calls to get back text results from my web server for my Zimlet's use. My initial test worked fine which was not surprising since I lifted the code pretty much wholesale from the amazon zimlet. It however stopped working when I changed the url to point to a webserver with a specific port. Here's the broken url (domain has been changed to keep private):

http://vanilla-ruby.XXXX.com:3000/zimlet/view

I do urlEncode it with this line:

var url = ZmZimletBase.PROXY + AjxStringUtil.urlEncode(Com_Rs_Compose.URL);

Am I correct in guessing that ports are not supported in the AjxRpc calls? Is there some other issue? Thanks!

Cheers,
    Marty

Did you modify the zimlet config to add the domain to proxyAllowed domains?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Hmm, is this a separate property from allowedDomans in the config_template.xml? The domain is listed in the allowedDomains list.

Cheers,
    Marty

Okay, I've played a bit more with this. I've been able to get a rpc call to work against the domain. It has the www prefix. Just trying the same domain with no port but a hyphenated prefix it didn't work. The callback never returned. I did add an alert that tells me when the call is being made and to what domain. I also added one to the callback so that I know when it does get called.

That would suggest the issue is with hyphenated prefixes for domains. Is that true? Can anyone else reproduce this issue? I'll keep playing with it if I can confirm any further what will work.

Cheers,
    Marty

The hyphen might get you. What is you use XXX.com so just the parent domain and skip the prefix? We should then allow any prefix.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Well, I did get a hyphenated domain prefix to work. But as it turns out the server where our demo version is installed has a screwed up internal dns. So the IP was resolving to some weird IP address. Since I work in a different location, I don't see the same issues on my local workstation. Now I feel silly.

I still don't know if the port will be respected in the url yet but until I get the dns fixed, I guess I can't really test it.

Cheers,
    Marty

OKay, all is well. With the DNS fixed and a Zimbra bounced it's working. Thanks for confirming that I'm not insane.

Cheers,
    Marty

Great. Glad to know it's working.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.