Thread: Integration with avaya

Default Integration with avaya

Hi guys has anyone know how to integrate an avaya VoIP with zimbra? the only thing i want to do is that avaya send mails though zimbra with the voicemail file on it, it works fine on exchange, but with zimbra it seems to be difficult, anyone has done this before?

we have avaya ip office system.

Do you mean the function whereby the avaya system sends a voicemail to your email inbox with the wav file as an attachment ?

Theres nothing special in the setup of zimbra. Avaya will send to any smtp email server , zimbra included, once you configure it to do so.

Can you clarify exactly what integration you require ?
    Derek Buchanan
    Director

Utilis Technology Ltd.
    http://www.utilis.ie

Yes that's the exact integration we want to have here, just a mail with the voice mail as an attachment, we did some tests and when we check the connection, i can see at zimbra.log that avaya is connected, but when avaya has to send a mail it never appear on zimbra.log or in the mail queues at admin console, do you know what is the exact configuration at avaya IMS that we need to acomplish it? you see while we try to configure, the IMS administration console said that we need to configure a valid user on a windows domain, since we don't use active directory or exchange server at all, we're kind of stuck there, any idea?

If you have set the smtp settings in the IP office thats all you should have to do. screen shot attached, although we have IP office 500 which might have a different interface to you.

Regardless, it shouldn't make any difference as to what smtp server your sending it to Exchange or Zimbra are the same as far as the phone system is concerned , once the IP address, port & "from" address are set. If your email server needs a valid user name/password for authentication then fill in the appropriate details.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Derek Buchanan
    Director

Utilis Technology Ltd.
    http://www.utilis.ie

Thanks DEREKB, i'm gonna try this on my IMS server and keep you updated about it, i believe this is gonna be enought thanks a lot