Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet (new)

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrits View Post
    You need to fiddle with the matchingRegEx in your zimlet config. Which can be a little scary if you aren't familiar with regex pattern matching.

Someone mentioned building a better, multi-purpose regex earlier in this thread, but I haven't seen any followup on that yet. I'm about to start rebuilding my matchingRegEx to recognize more formats, I'll post when I have something working.

-- hugh
    Thats still an unsolved issue I was trying to implement language dependent regexp, which means the regexp would be a key in the language properties file. I think this would solve some issus. E.g. in countries where German is spoken the separator '-' is used for dates, so its almost impossible to get a regexp that also covers '-' in phone numbers. But in English countries '/' is used for dates and '-' for phone numbers. Sadly i was still unable to change the regex dynamically in the Zimlets Javascript environment. Any help is appreciated...And Yahoo/Zimbra please update the Zimlets Whitepaper!

Quote Originally Posted by chlauber View Post
    Hi hugh
    What would fits your needs best? A global config in zimlets config xml or a per user configurable option?
    Hmmmm. Global, I think. No point troubling the users little minds with it.

One potential issue tho is that I want to be able to click-to-dial on just extensions as well as external numbers. So if I click ext-300 or x300 it dials 300 with no prefix, but if I click 123-555-1212, it uses a 9 prefix.

It'd be cool if we could provide a pseudo-dialplan for it ...

3XX
    6XX
    9|.

... or something. So the above would not prefix anything matching 3XX or 6XX, but would prefix everything else with a 9.

-- hugh

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrits View Post
    Hmmmm. Global, I think. No point troubling the users little minds with it.

One potential issue tho is that I want to be able to click-to-dial on just extensions as well as external numbers. So if I click ext-300 or x300 it dials 300 with no prefix, but if I click 123-555-1212, it uses a 9 prefix.

It'd be cool if we could provide a pseudo-dialplan for it ...

3XX
    6XX
    9|.

... or something. So the above would not prefix anything matching 3XX or 6XX, but would prefix everything else with a 9.

-- hugh
    If a global callee prefix already helps i will implement it. The story with the extensions is different. The problem is see there is the catching regexp. You would have to create a regexp in Zimlets descriptor xml that catches the "dialplan". I don not see a general solution for that problem so far. The Zimlet API has some restrictions. I didn't find way to dynamically change the catching regexp, yet ...

A global callee prefix would be useful, regardless.

And yeah, I'm already handling my local extension calling with a custom regex that just adds my local extension pattern(s) to my already modified "US calling plan" regex.

I've gotten things working for outside calls and local extensions by temporarily modifying my main Outbound Route in Asterisk to not require the 9 for an outside line. Right now this is a test setup, but I have to deliver it to a customer who is going to want the 9 prefix for external calls, something to do with their billing software that processes the Asterisk reports.

What might work is if you added a 'replace' regex. So anything which matches the main regex, you add the global callee prefix, then run it thru the replace regex (if specified).

Then I could have a replace regex that does s/9(\d\d\d)/$1/, i.e. removes the 9 from 3 digit numbers.

Not a huge deal, but something to think about.

-- hugh

Default Version 0.62

Hi all
    There is a new version of the Asterisk PBX Interation Zimlet available on sourcforge.
    https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=246753
    Basically there are 2 new global config options 'calleePrefix' and 'numberCleanRegExp'. Please check Changelog for more details.

Have fun!

Smile context on per-user level

First off thanks for an amazing zimlet! I have used it every day since installed and must say its rock solid as far as I can tell.

Today I embarked on getting my colleagues to also use it - but I encountered a problem;

We use a pbx from a company named Diptel (link) - It is based on asterisk 1.4. It is the one I have configured for my account now, so it is working; but it takes complete control of the asterisk dialplan and it places every user in a unique context they need to use in order to get the right MSN number when calling pstn.

For now I have created a common user that has our main switchboard number as MSN, and use that context, but that means our customers will see the main switchboard number calling, not the agents personal extension - it could create some confusion if not answered and the customer dials back later on hitting the switchboard that does not know who called who

Would it be possible to allow the context to be configureable on a per-user basis? And, for scalability in the future - maybe the server/user/pass fields also since I can foresee scenarios where I might place some of my users on a separate pbx, e.g. a branch office or something...

Well.. just my 2c.. thanks again for this great piece of code

Quote Originally Posted by pmx View Post
    First off thanks for an amazing zimlet! I have used it every day since installed and must say its rock solid as far as I can tell.

Today I embarked on getting my colleagues to also use it - but I encountered a problem;

We use a pbx from a company named Diptel (link) - It is based on asterisk 1.4. It is the one I have configured for my account now, so it is working; but it takes complete control of the asterisk dialplan and it places every user in a unique context they need to use in order to get the right MSN number when calling pstn.

For now I have created a common user that has our main switchboard number as MSN, and use that context, but that means our customers will see the main switchboard number calling, not the agents personal extension - it could create some confusion if not answered and the customer dials back later on hitting the switchboard that does not know who called who

Would it be possible to allow the context to be configureable on a per-user basis? And, for scalability in the future - maybe the server/user/pass fields also since I can foresee scenarios where I might place some of my users on a separate pbx, e.g. a branch office or something...

Well.. just my 2c.. thanks again for this great piece of code
    Hi pmx

A user configurable context is rather easy to implement. I am just a bit skeptical because of security reasons. I could let the global option and if present it would always override the user preference. So its up to the admin to decide. But it think its not worth to implement user configurable AMI user/pass. I would prefer same AMI user/pass for all asterisk instances than user editable one's(that are even readable when using a JSdebugger in the Browser).
    You don't have multiple zimbra hosts, dou you? There would be the possibilty to user host based options instead of global one's. But of course these refer to the zimbra host. So if there is a 1:1 relation of zimbra hosts to asterisk instances it might be a solution.

Default User configurable Context

Hi pmx

I've created a 0.63 beta with a user configurable Context. You must let the astDialContext empty in global config, otherwise usersetting is not working.
    Let me know if it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default VoiceMail

Hi,

Are there any plans to integrate a view to the Astrisk VoiceMails ? I have seen the comcast Screenshot here:

Zimbra voice mail image - Images: Comcast gets Zimbra zing - CNET News

and read about the Digium/asterisk intergartion here:

Asterisk Voicemail Zimlet - Zimbra :: Wiki

But I dont know how this is related to your integration efforts....

Thanks for any help or advice,

Holger

Quote Originally Posted by hwinkel View Post
    Hi,

Are there any plans to integrate a view to the Astrisk VoiceMails ? I have seen the comcast Screenshot here:

Zimbra voice mail image - Images: Comcast gets Zimbra zing - CNET News

and read about the Digium/asterisk intergartion here:

Asterisk Voicemail Zimlet - Zimbra :: Wiki

But I dont know how this is related to your integration efforts....

Thanks for any help or advice,

Holger
    Hi Holger
    Now there are currently no plans for integration voicemails. There are 2 main rasons:
    1) I don't know any way to get the voicemail streams using AMI. (Correct me if i am wrong!) Which means you need to install some funny scripts on the Asterisk Server to get the Voicemails. Maybe there would be someway when unsing AJAM, but that will break compatibility with asterisk < 1.4
    2) You can easily configure astrerisk to send the voicemails as Email to your Zimbra Account.

For now I think its not worth all the work. But its not forbidden to contribute development :-)