Thread: Dismissed user property still showing up

Default Dismissed user property still showing up

Hi there,

I've got a problem with my zimlet: I was messing with my zimlet dir inside its _dev folder, when I just found out that there's a "zombie" user property showing up when calling my _dlg_propertyEditor!

Let's explain this a little bit better: I started messing around with zimlets a couple of days ago just to get the hang of, before getting into it deeper and deeper aiming at what I finally want from my finished zimlet. In the beginning I used put lots of properties in the userProperties XML section; later on I removed one of these from the zimlet XML definition file, but still the stored value shows up when calling the preferences! Seems that once it's been stored in past deployments, this.createPropertyEditor() still finds it.

How can I remove it from the face of the earth?

Here is the ("stolen" txs to OSS!) code for showing the editor up:

Code:
        if (this._dlg_propertyEditor) {
            this._dlg_propertyEditor.dispose();
        }
        this._dlg_propertyEditor = null;
        this.createPropertyEditor();

Keep up the good work, Z rocks!

One way to clean it is to use some ldap clients like Jexplorer and manually delete the entry.
    If its just a dev box, you can delete the account and recreate it or use a different account. These are supposedly stored per user unless you have it as a global property.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

I tried with the ldap browser, but I couldn't locate the zimlet data in it (of course I got admin access to it). It doesn't even show up in there as an entry, but it seems ok, being deployed in the _dev dir instead of ldapDeploying it in the COS. But even then, I can't find the user stored entries regarding other deployed zimlets in the server.

Anyways I did delete my account as you suggested, and it worked as expected (would be surprised by the contrary...)

Now I'm just wondering: let's say that I deploy the 1.0 version of my zimlet, and after a month I release the 1.1 revision missing one of the property settings (as it happened to me here)... That's why I was asking for a clean way to do it (I can't recreate all accounts in a production environment!). Int the meanwhile, erasing them by batching a ldap erase op would be a temporary viable solution, hoping for a code fix in a next GA release...

Thanks for the help so far, rrao!