Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Dismissed user property still showing up

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ferrara, Italy
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Dismissed user property still showing up

    Hi there,

    I've got a problem with my zimlet: I was messing with my zimlet dir inside its _dev folder, when I just found out that there's a "zombie" user property showing up when calling my _dlg_propertyEditor!

    Let's explain this a little bit better: I started messing around with zimlets a couple of days ago just to get the hang of, before getting into it deeper and deeper aiming at what I finally want from my finished zimlet. In the beginning I used put lots of properties in the userProperties XML section; later on I removed one of these from the zimlet XML definition file, but still the stored value shows up when calling the preferences! Seems that once it's been stored in past deployments, this.createPropertyEditor() still finds it.

    How can I remove it from the face of the earth?

    Here is the ("stolen" txs to OSS!) code for showing the editor up:

    Code:
        if (this._dlg_propertyEditor) {
            this._dlg_propertyEditor.dispose();
        }
        this._dlg_propertyEditor = null;
        this.createPropertyEditor();

    Keep up the good work, Z rocks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    One way to clean it is to use some ldap clients like Jexplorer and manually delete the entry.
    If its just a dev box, you can delete the account and recreate it or use a different account. These are supposedly stored per user unless you have it as a global property.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ferrara, Italy
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I tried with the ldap browser, but I couldn't locate the zimlet data in it (of course I got admin access to it). It doesn't even show up in there as an entry, but it seems ok, being deployed in the _dev dir instead of ldapDeploying it in the COS. But even then, I can't find the user stored entries regarding other deployed zimlets in the server.

    Anyways I did delete my account as you suggested, and it worked as expected (would be surprised by the contrary...)

    Now I'm just wondering: let's say that I deploy the 1.0 version of my zimlet, and after a month I release the 1.1 revision missing one of the property settings (as it happened to me here)... That's why I was asking for a clean way to do it (I can't recreate all accounts in a production environment!). Int the meanwhile, erasing them by batching a ldap erase op would be a temporary viable solution, hoping for a code fix in a next GA release...

    Thanks for the help so far, rrao!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
  2. [SOLVED] Zimbra logwatch.
    By nishith in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
  3. Post instsallation problems
    By Assaf in forum Installation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM
  4. Services stopped working
    By lilwong in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 09:19 AM
  5. M3 problem with shares
    By titangears in forum Users
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •