Thread: [SOLVED] Document Management Systems

Default [SOLVED] Document Management Systems

Hello, I just installed the Open Source Edition for a client and I love it. I would like to start migrating all my clients to Zimbra from other email systems. I couldn't find much searching via google or these forums, so I will ask the question here. One of my clients run an accounting service, they use QuickBooks and Lacerte tax programs. They have a DMS (Document Management System, ala, electronic files vs paper files) program that plugs into Outlook 2003. What I was wondering (Since I couldn't find a Zimlet for that particular DMS) if that plugin would work through Zimbra Professional Edition (With MAPI support)

I doubt that my client would switch if their DMS wouldn't work anymore. There is another DMS called Xythos that has a zimlet but that is strictly an online DMS.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post in but any help I would be very grateful for

It is quite possible that the current plugin would continue to work in Outlook, it would depend on the plugin, if it's compatible with exchange as well as local accounts then it would work with Zimbra.

The problem would by that outlook works best with Zimbra when using the Outlook Connector which is a part of the Network Edition of Zimbra. Using the free version you can only connect as POP3 or IMAP. I'd suggest performing testing in advance of a full installation.

If the existing plugin does not work, and you have some skills in javascript programming, you may well be able to recreate it's functionality in a Zimlet and then you could use the web client instead of Outlook.

Default new zimlet for document management

I just read about a new document management zimlet at Golem(.de)
    They wrote an article about o3spaces, a document management software developer that just released a zimlet.

Great thank you for the replies. I will definitely check that out. As it turns out, my client won't miss Intuit's plugin if it can't be available. (I guess it is no big deal to use the actual DMS program to fetch the data without using Outlook) +1 for Zimbra

BTW, I just want to say this, I LOVE Zimbra