Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: zmObject.srcObj gone?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kamloops BC Canada.
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    6

    Default zmObject.srcObj gone?

    Ok, I thought I was going crazy but it turns out not :-).

    I downloaded what I think is the latest version of the Desktop zimbra app from the zimbra site, and created a nice little dev environment on my linux desktop. I wrote cool little zimlet which worked great and used (from examples and what I have found around) zmObject.srcObj and all worked well.

    Then when I uploaded my new zimlet to my production environment :
    Release 5.0.13_GA_2791.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition

    It totally didn't work. After going through the debugger I realised that oddly enoug
    zmObject.srcObj was undefined. So I went through the source code and in

    Zimbra_all.js on my desktop environment, in fact the zmObject is assigning srcObj
    but in the production environment, that line has been taken out.

    So my question is, is this a bug in my version? or is this taken out on purpose as it seems srcObj has been taken out of all zmObject wrappers.


    If it has been taken out, what would be the proper way to get the object we are looking for? Is there a generic getObject() call we can use with the object id which we do get in the zmObject class?


    G23
    Last edited by g23; 04-29-2009 at 03:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kamloops BC Canada.
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    6

    Default fixed I think

    well, after snooping around more souce code I think I solved my issue by using
    appCtxt.getById(zmObject.id); Though I have not tested it in production yet.

    It is odd though that the desktop has a different code base than production, especially when
    the zimlet wiki is stating that the desktop environment is a better way to develop.

    Also, zmObject.srcObj is still on the wiki zimlet RSS feed example.


    G23

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    See also this thread, in the zDesktop forum. Guess you beat me to posting about this.
    Freddie

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    it seems srcObj has been taken out
    No! the srcObj is not implemented yet on the server version.
    It will be integrated with the version 6.0.0 :
    Bug 34467 – Pass original object as a part of translated object

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by g23 View Post
    Ok, I thought I was going crazy but it turns out not :-).

    I downloaded what I think is the latest version of the Desktop zimbra app from the zimbra site, and created a nice little dev environment on my linux desktop. I wrote cool little zimlet which worked great and used (from examples and what I have found around) zmObject.srcObj and all worked well.

    Then when I uploaded my new zimlet to my production environment :
    Release 5.0.13_GA_2791.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition

    It totally didn't work. After going through the debugger I realised that oddly enoug
    zmObject.srcObj was undefined. So I went through the source code and in

    Zimbra_all.js on my desktop environment, in fact the zmObject is assigning srcObj
    but in the production environment, that line has been taken out.

    So my question is, is this a bug in my version? or is this taken out on purpose as it seems srcObj has been taken out of all zmObject wrappers.


    If it has been taken out, what would be the proper way to get the object we are looking for? Is there a generic getObject() call we can use with the object id which we do get in the zmObject class?


    G23
    srcObj was introduced in 5.0.14 in ZCS. The Zimbra Desktop GA is based on 5.0.16. So, If you upgrade to 5.0.14 or newer version you should be ok.

    PS:The wiki doc is currently work-in-progress and I will make sure to add this information.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I was suffered by this problems for weeks as I followed this guide
    Zimlet cookbook based on JavaScript API - Zimbra :: Wiki

    and thought it was a problem with my code. Now it's fixed.


    Thank you thank you thank you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •