Thread: zimlets in Zimbra 6.0.1 and JSP

Default zimlets in Zimbra 6.0.1 and JSP

Hi everybody,

I am currently trying to port a self written Zimlet to ZCS 6.0.1. The Zimlet worked fine in 5.0.x and has a JSP component that imports some com.zimbra.cs... classes.

In ZCS 6.0.1 it seems to be impossible to import zimbra classes. I always get errors like:

Code:
    Only a type can be imported. com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning resolves to a package

Only a type can be imported. com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.AccountBy resolves to a package
    I had a look into other zimlets in /opt/zimbra/zimlets|zimlets-extra|zimlets-experimental but I could not find a single zimlets that:
    a: works in ZCS 6.0.1
    b: imports zimbra classes in a jsp

As I am neither a zimlet nor a java expert I want to know if I am missing something or if it is just not possible in ZCS 6.0.1 to import zimbra classes.

Regards
    Thomas

I think it's the architecture of the classes in the JAR that changed. Look at the jar content in your server ZCS 6.0.1. or the source code if you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by tdesorbaix View Post
    I think it's the architecture of the classes in the JAR that changed. Look at the jar content in your server ZCS 6.0.1. or the source code if you have it.
    Indeed. jar packages and classes have changed somewhat in 6.0. I verified this using the Zimbra Source (fetched from perforce).

Up to version 5.0.19 you could import com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.OperationContext and then use the OperationContext class.

Now this class has moved to com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OperationContext but it seems impossible to import because I get the aforementioned errors...

Regards
    Thomas