Thread: zimlet configuration and file location

Threaded View

Question zimlet configuration and file location

I've searched the Wiki, developers guide(briefly), and the forum and I can't seem to find an answer to this. When deploying a zimlet with zmzimletctl, what exactly happens? I know it does the Install, LDAPDeploy, ACLGrant, and Enable...but where are the files in com_zimbra_<zimletname>.zip put? and what config files are changed? Doing some digging, I have found that the zipped files are put in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/service/zimlet....but are they put anywhere else? Also, is /opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml the only file modified for the ACLGrant...and what about the enabling? Could anyone help me with my question?

The reason I am needing this info is because we are trying to setup failovers with our install and the mailstore is on a san. If I load a zimlet on a primary server connected to the san, then I need to load it on the failover server as well. But to do that, I need to perform a failover first so the san connection is enabled on the failover server. This isn't a huge deal for getting things started, but in the future if I want to add a zimlet, I think it would be beneficial/easier to install the zimlet on the primary and just copy the files to the right location(s) on the secondary without having to perform the failover and failback.
    Last edited by kirme3; 06-21-2006 at 01:00 PM. Reason: spelling correction and add some info