Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zimlet to clear AutoComplete cache for user ?

So, how exactly does it AutoComplete then?

You mentioned a zimbra web client cache in an earlier post. Is there an actual cache similar to a browser cache ? And, if so, where is it located ?

If that were the issue, logging on from a new machine I have never used Zimbra from before should eliminate that being a problem. Right ?

When the web client does a GAL lookup, it caches the results in memory, so yes logging in from another computer would fix that, or just simply closing the browser and re-opening it.

Have you looked in the "Emailed Contacts" folder for one of the users experiencing this issue to see if they have the improper information stored there?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneMagus View Post
    When the web client does a GAL lookup, it caches the results in memory, so yes logging in from another computer would fix that, or just simply closing the browser and re-opening it.
    I have done this - and restarted the Zimbra Server many times. Still the old addresses show up.

Have you looked in the "Emailed Contacts" folder for one of the users experiencing this issue to see if they have the improper information stored there?
    Yes. I am one of the users that has this problem. I have deleted all Emailed Contacts, deleted all emails that I sent to or received from any of the people that had accounts prior to the domain name switch. Deleted all appointments from my calendar that had any of those people as invitees. I tried turning off GAL auto-complete for my account. Basically tried everything I could think of doing, and still it makes no difference.

Anything else I can try ?

(By the way, thank you for taking the time on this with me)

Why didn't I think of this earlier...

Ok try accessing the account from Firefox with the Firebug addon installed. On the Net panel of that you should see a "POST AutoCompleteRequest" when the ZWC attempts to look up a contact in the compose window. If you click on that line and go to the JSON tab -> Body -> AutoCompleteResponse -> click on one of the numbers. You should see a "type" attribute that tells you were the result came from.

Where are the old results coming from?

First off, I logged on from a desktop that had never been used to access Zimbra previously, and it gave me the same results - two email addresses prompted for the users in question. So, obviously no client side cacheing involved in this issue.

What may also be interesting is that I am trying out Thunderbird as an IMAP client with the Zindus Add-On for Contact sync. I have it sync the GAL and all my personal Address Books. When I begin composing an email from within Thunderbird I only get one email address (the correct one) returned for these accounts.

Here you go ... the Firebug output (with email addresses sanitized :-) )

I also inserted new lines and spaces to make response more readable.

If you PM me an email address - or explain to me if there is a way to attach an image to a PM through the forum - I can email you a screenshot of exactly what is on screen. It makes it clearer. However, I do not want to post an image with real email addresses up to the forum as I am sure you can understand.

Bottom line, it is returning it as a GAL address.

Interesting though - and I can't get the Object info to copy and paste - is that in the Match section when it lists the two matches they show on screen as

[ Object email="User Name" <usern@mycompany.ie"> type=gal, Object email="usern@zimbra.mycompnany.ie"> 0=Object 1=Object ]

Note only the first address has a type=gal attribute in the match string. But when I expand the section, and expand the two objects below this, both of them list a type attribute of "gal" which you can see below.

Also of particular interest to me is the tag - "canBeCached":true, - as this points to where I started this thread from to begin with - the possibility that the old email address is cached somewhere.

Code:
    {
     "Header":
     {
      "context":
      {
       "session":
       {
        "id":"155","_content":"155"
       },
       "change":
       {
        "token":20001
       },
       "_jsns":"urn:zimbra"
      }
     },
     "Body":
     {
      "AutoCompleteResponse":  
      {
       "canBeCached":true,
       "match":[
                {"email":"\"User Name\" \x3Cusern@mycompany.ie\x3E","type":"gal","ranking":"8"},
                {"email":"\"User Name\" \x3Cusern@zimbra.mycompany.ie\x3E","type":"gal","ranking":"5"}
               ],
       "_jsns":"urn:zimbraMail"
      }
     },
     "_jsns":"urn:zimbraSoap"
    }
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 11-26-2009 at 03:41 AM.

By the way, when I run the LDAP search from your earlier post, I get

Code:
    ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
    EDIT: Found out how to authenticate properly

Code:
    [zimbra@zimbra ~]$ ldapsearch -x -H ldapi:/// -D uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra -w password -b "ou=people,dc=MyCompany,dc=ie" "(|(cn=User*)(sn=User*)(gn=User*)(mail=User*)(zimbraMailDeliveryAddress=User*)(zimbraMailAlias=User*)(zimbraMailAddress=User*))" dn cn sn gn mail zimbraMailDeliveryAddress zimbraMailAlias zimbraMailAddress
    # extended LDIF
    #
    # LDAPv3
    # base <ou=people,dc=MyCompany,dc=ie> with scope subtree
    # filter: (|(cn=User*)(sn=User*)(gn=User*)(mail=User*)(zimbraMailDeliveryAddress=User*)(zimbraMailAlias=User*)(zimbraMailAddress=User*))
    # requesting: dn cn sn gn mail zimbraMailDeliveryAddress zimbraMailAlias zimbraMailAddress
    #

# Users, people, MyCompany.ie
    dn: uid=Users,ou=people,dc=MyCompany,dc=ie
    mail: vName@MyCompany.ie
    mail: Users@MyCompany.ie
    mail: User@MyCompany.ie
    mail: User.Name@MyCompany.ie
    zimbraMailAlias: vName@MyCompany.ie
    zimbraMailAlias: User@MyCompany.ie
    zimbraMailAlias: User.Name@MyCompany.ie
    sn: Name
    cn: User Name
    givenName: User
    zimbraMailDeliveryAddress: Users@MyCompany.ie

# search result
    search: 2
    result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
    # numEntries: 1
    [zimbra@zimbra ~]$
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 12-01-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Got correct query string and results

Was there a solution found for this problem? I have the exact same issue as well.

No solution identified as yet. Not sure if I should open a bug report on it?

At this point I would file a bug on it, as it doesn't look like anybody here has a solution. Remember to post a link here to the bug so people can find it (and you might want to put this thread in the URL field).

Old post but if you want to know where the data is held then
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    mysql
    select a.metadata from mailbox_metadata a, mailbox b where b.comment = 'user@domain.com' and a.Section = "CONTACT_RANKINGS" and b.id = a.mailbox_id;