Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zimlet description not found error

Default zimlet description not found error

Hello I am attempting to create a really simple zimlet. I want to make a zimlet that is a panelItem that when clicking on it opens a window to a website.

As I mentioned, bigtime newbie here, when it comes to making zimlets.

I believe I have the correct syntax, i think, but when i attempt to deploy via the cli and I check the mailbox.log I recieve this error

java.io.FileNotFoundException: zimlet description not found:

"root_domain_SIS.xml" ("root_domain" being the name of my zimlet)

at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.initZimletDescript ion(ZimletFile.java:199)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.initialize(ZimletF ile.java:191)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.<init>(ZimletFile. java:146)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.DeployZimlet$Deploy

I renamed the xml of my zimlet to "com_zimbra_SIS" and have attached the file here on my post. I checked my description and I think I have the correct syntax. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.com_zimbra_SIS.txt

Again if anyone thinks i am way off on my syntax any help would be appriciated.

The name of your zimlet, the folder and the zimlet definition file name xml all need to match. Looks like you have a zimlet named "root_domain" but have your zimlet definition file named ="root_domain_SIS.xml".

Here is what your zimlet folder structure should look like (for example, for a zimlet named "my_test_zimlet"):

/my_test_zimlet/
    /my_test_zimlet/my_test_zimlet.xml

And in my_test_zimlet.xml, in the <zimlet> tag, the name attribute should = "my_test_zimlet" like this:

<zimlet name="my_test_zimlet" version="0.1" description="SIS Zimlet Integration">

Thanks,

I have that info correct. Do I need to zip the folder above the .xml in the zimlet zip file? Does that make sense? I know that i have not been doing that. Also i have been reading; do i need to export my zimlet template config? with getConfigTemplate? if so what exactly do i need to do with it?

It is strange I am getting that same error even with the corrections you mentioned.

Thanks again for any help.

You want to zip from the folder (not above it). And you want to be sure nothing else is in the ZIP other than the zimlet files. If you are making your zip on Mac (and using the UI "Compress" feature), it will put other hidden Mac stuff (__MACOX stuff) in there which will cause the zimlet to fail to deploy. So zip your zimlet from the terminal. This situation doesn't look like the error you are showing but just an FYI.

For the type of zimlet you are building, you will really only need two files in the ZIP:

my_test_zimlet.xml - the zimlet definition file
    config_template.xml - the zimlet config file (used to allow access to the domain you plan on to access when clicking the url)

Here's a sample "google" zimlet that will link to google when it sees the word "google". Here is the zimlet definition file:

<zimlet name="com_zimbra_google" version="1.0" description="com_zimbra_google: link to google">
    <contentObject>
    <matchOn>
    <regex attrs="ig">google</regex> <!-- match yahoo -->
    </matchOn>
    <toolTip sticky="true" width="100" height="200">
    <actionUrl method="get" target="http://www.google.com" />
    </toolTip>
    </contentObject>
    </zimlet>

And this is the config_template.xml file:

<zimletConfig name="com_zimbra_google" version="1.0">
    <global>
    <property name="allowedDomains">*.google.com,goole.com</property>
    </global>
    </zimletConfig>

There is nothing you need to do to the config_template.xml file. It will be read on deploy and will adjust the allowedDomains.

Beyond that, if you want, you can post your zimlet zip and I can take a quick look.

Default Zipped Zimlet

Here is my zimlet thus far. Could you take a look? I am not quite sure why it is not deploying. It has to be something simple i am missing I think. I tried the config_template.xml as well and that did not work either.

Thanks for all you help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jisenburg; 12-07-2009 at 08:40 AM.

A couple things I changed/fixed and got it to deploy:

1) Doublecheck your config_template.xml...looks like it had syntax errors in it. You have:

<property name=allowdDomains">*.sisk12.com,sisk12.com</property>

Should be:

<property name="allowedDomains">*.sisk12.com,sisk12.com</property>

2) Don't use UPPERCASE letters in your zimlet name. It should all be lower case. Be sure to change in all applicable places:

Zimlet Bundle: org_tremont702_sis.zip
    Zimlet Definition File: org_tremont702_sis.xml

Zimlet tag inside of Definition file:

<zimlet name="org_tremont702_sis" ...

Default Thanks a ton!

Thanks a bunch for your help with getting my zimlet to deploy. I got it to deploy on my system however I think I have not used the proper syntax.

In my zimlet I wanted to have the panelItem be a link to open the website on a singleClick. However when i single click it it does not work. Do you have any tips or a good direction for me to try and figure out what i am doing wrong?

Sorry again. I am a major newb at java, zimlet stuff.

Thanks again for you help!

Default Found it!

Alright I found it! Instead of selecting the "singleClicked" option i should have used the "onClick" option. Works like a charm.

Now it's onto trying to integrate a feature for someone to enter their user credentials and have it save that for when they click on the link it automatically logs them in.

Any tips on how to do that. I have been looking at the userProperties option but to no avail on getting it to link the the website.

Thanks again!

Add the user properties you want to store to your Zimlet Definition File:

<userProperties>
    <property type="string" label="Your username" name="my_test_username" />
    <property type="password" label="Your password" name="my_test_password" />
    </userProperties>

When you double-click on the zimlet, the Property Editor dialog will be presented. A user can enter these two properties and these properties will be stored away.

To use these user properties values as, for example, parameters to an action url, you can specify <param> to the action url and use the props.

<actionUrl method="get" target="http://www.google.com">
    <param name="myusername">${prop.my_test_username}</param>
    <param name="mypassword">${prop.my_test_password}</param>
    </actionUrl>

The ${prop.my_test_username} and ${prop.my_test_password} syntax will replace those variables with the user properties and append that information to the action url.

http://www.google.com?myusername=wha...nameuserpropis

Note: I don't suggest you pass the password as a url param in plain text like this. Just showing providing you this as an example of using user props.

Default password encrypted

Thanks for the info. You have helped me tons!

How would I go about encrypting the password instead of using the URL? Does that require me to utilize javascript?

Like I have said in my past posts. I would like to have them be able to save their username and password and then upon clicking the zimlet it would open the site and log them in with these credentials.

Is there a way to encrypt the password?

This is working out great! Thanks again.

On another quick note however all my sites are https. Does this make a difference in your opinion?