Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] ZimbraDnD3.5.xpi

Default [SOLVED] ZimbraDnD3.5.xpi

Does not work with Firefox 3.6

Can someone please provide an updated version, thanks!

Yeah, would be awesome if it got updated so we could roll out 3.6 to our users.

What would be even more awesome tho, was if the new file access API in Fx 3.6 could be implemented in Zimbra, so you could upload files without any addons at all.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hateball View Post
    What would be even more awesome tho, was if the new file access API in Fx 3.6 could be implemented in Zimbra, so you could upload files without any addons at all.
    Then you'd be better filing an RFE in bugziila for that.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

LOL...I'm not being that ambitious "hateball"!

...I just want it to work!

Well you can either find and fix the problem yourself (if you do please share ) or you can file a bug in bugzilla where the original author will see it and take a look at the problem.

ARRGHHH!!!!.....I can't figure out how to add a bug....

I have spoken with engineering and they are working on the issue. I will post a link to the bugzilla when it becomes available.

FYI: a few things changed related to Drag-and-Drop in FF 3.6 so we need to modify the Add-on to support these changes:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Fir...for_developers

Also, as a reference, you can file an RFE in Zimbra Bugzilla @ Bugzilla Main Page - Zimbra by creating an account, then clicking "New" in the upper-left. Then select the product, (in this case) ZCS and enter the appropriate information and select "Severity = enhancement".

Ahhh...didn't see that I had to click the correct product!

Angry Pleas don't demote integral functions to RFE

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Then you'd be better filing an RFE in bugziila for that.
    This should not be an RFE, Phoenix.
    This is more negligence in prioritizing major productivity functions during update/upgrades of everyday office-based enterprise users. It frequently slows down or brings to a halt work productivity in the office plus increases tech support calls. Overall, it creates instant animosity towards Zimbra as a unstable product that is always breaking this or that. To end-users, opinions fly that the developers are incompetent that they would allow their absolutely needed function to break during an update.

If developers are not prioritizing functions that currently are working that then break on the update then the roll-out should be postponed. This is a pretty major aspect of project development. One cannot just demote a current integral function to an enhancement. It's like removing the "Copy" function from MS Word.

In the case of the DnD XPI, it has now become an integrated major component not some extraneous extension and shouldn't be treated that way.

Additionally, getting this extension working was a major effort of many of us over the past 2 years that had made the investment in migrating from Exchange to Zimbra.

Many of us rely on Zimbra as an essential element of doing business and not some general email webclient for Comca$t. As you know, Zimbra has many different kinds of customers with different priorities. It took me over a year to get my concerns heard which finally resulted a personal visit from management to my office.

When updates in Zimbra have an effect on existing legacy functions in Zimbra or third-party apps, the updates must not break these currently working functions.

So, this is not an RFE but truly a bug.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bmw View Post
    So, this is not an RFE but truly a bug.
    I think you should take a deep breath and not take my comment too seriously. I have absolutely no interest in debating whether this is a bug or an RFE as it's a pointless exercise. If you want to see a 'feature' in Zimbra then file an entry in Bugzilla Main Page - Zimbra, you can (if you prefer) file it as a bug or RFE in either case it will get to the attention of the developers. Having a rant in the forums will achieve nowhere near the same effect as filing a bugzilla report.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.