Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Salesforce Zimlet

Post Interesting point

Hi Mark,

Interesting thing you've pointed out there. And thanks for writing, elaborate like always it's good to read.

Been trying to connect to a salesforce account with this zimlet. This one is not a trial account so I am assuming he is having a enterprise subscription. But I always end up with this error 'API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG:API is not enabled for this organisation'. Please correct if I am getting this wrong, I believe the customer has to purchase this enterprise account that has this API to connect from apps like zimbra (understand your point that its free with gmail)

I believe his account is such API enabled and no clue on what is denying it. Any help would be much appreciated. Good luck.

PS. using the latest 2.0 salesforce zimlet. Anyway to check if the account is API enabled? perhaps from the salesforce site.
    Last edited by fyd; 11-05-2010 at 05:39 AM. Reason: addin details

We did have one client who licensed the APIs from Salesforce and yet still had what I recall was an error similar to the one you mention.

When they called Salesforce support, they were told the APIs hadn't yet been "turned on" for their account, for some inexplicable reason. SF support fixed that right then and there, and then everything worked.

Has someone called SF to confirm the APIs are indeed available on that account?

Hope that helps,
    Mark

Smile Thanks!

Thanks Mark. It should be something like that. Cause i really can't find any reason why the zimlet shouldn't work.

I guess he hasn't contacted SF regarding this, will get him to confirm that. Take care, an i'll see you soon.

Default Zimlet is functional here

Hello,

We have Enterprise version of SalesForce and I have installed the Zimlet and it is functional.

It lacks certain functionality for us to find it really useful, but everything it was designed for works.

It's competing against other freeware:
    - Outlook connect or Connect for Outlook, supplied by SalesForce
    - VCSEmail which is an application to get email from within SalesForce (like an email client inside the Salesforce SaaS environment.

The main thing that the Zimlet lacks, in my opinion, is a true synchronization between Zimbra's calendar and the Salesforce Calendar. Furthermore, if it was possible to synchronize the resources in Zimbra with the resource calendars in SalesForce, then the Zimlet would outpower the Outlook Connector by far.

There is a concept of "Public" calendar in Salesforce that would also be a nice addition to Zimbra.

If you wish, I can post snapshots of what it does today and also make some prototype drawings of what I am talking about... Is that going to be read by the right people if I post this here?

Quote Originally Posted by bmunger View Post
    Hello,

We have Enterprise version of SalesForce and I have installed the Zimlet and it is functional.

It lacks certain functionality for us to find it really useful, but everything it was designed for works.

It's competing against other freeware:
    - Outlook connect or Connect for Outlook, supplied by SalesForce
    - VCSEmail which is an application to get email from within SalesForce (like an email client inside the Salesforce SaaS environment.

The main thing that the Zimlet lacks, in my opinion, is a true synchronization between Zimbra's calendar and the Salesforce Calendar. Furthermore, if it was possible to synchronize the resources in Zimbra with the resource calendars in SalesForce, then the Zimlet would outpower the Outlook Connector by far.

There is a concept of "Public" calendar in Salesforce that would also be a nice addition to Zimbra.

If you wish, I can post snapshots of what it does today and also make some prototype drawings of what I am talking about... Is that going to be read by the right people if I post this here?
    The Zimbra developers do look over the forums periodically, but to really get Zimbra development's attentions, you should file a bug (really an RFE = Request for Enhancement) over at Bugzilla Main Page - Zimbra.

After you do that, then you can post back here with the bug number, and encourage folks to vote for the bug/RFE. Voting does indeed factor in to which RFEs Zimbra prioritizes.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

Question March 2011 Status of New SFDC Zimlet

Version 7 is out, and its been patched to 7.0.1 .

I'm anxious to get the new SFDC zimlet.

What's the status on the new SFDC zimlet? Is it released and available?

The video of it on YouTube looks fantastic. It's going to be a game changer for my company.

Latest version 3.1 is on: Salesforce Zimlet from Zimbra | Zimbra :: Gallery [PS: It does not have Chatter integration yet because we hit some issues, but everything else remains]
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Thanks, Raja. Wow! You guys put some work into this Zimlet. Thank you. It looks like you have a manual started for it, too. For companies like mine who use SFDC we're happy to see this project, and wish for its continued success.

Upgrade steps? Just re-install it as if installing for the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by alivebyscience View Post
    Upgrade steps? Just re-install it as if installing for the first time?
    Yeah, download and deploy it like you did.