Thread: Document sharing

Hybrid View

Default Document sharing

This would be my dream app if there was a module for uploading and sharing documents.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by freit5
    This would be my dream app if there was a module for uploading and sharing documents.
    There is a Documents feature in Release 4, a RC1 is available for download and test. Have a look at the RC1 documentation from the download page. Documents is still considered a beta feature at this stage but it works.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    There is a Documents feature in Release 4, a RC1 is available for download and test. Have a look at the RC1 documentation from the download page. Documents is still considered a beta feature at this stage but it works.
    Yes, this is awesome. However, when I enabled it and clicked on the documents icon, the script never responds. Could this be a permissions issue?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I haven't explored it much but Documents is working on my system. What o/s are you using? Was this an upgrade or a clean install & which browser? Try clearing your browser cache and restarting Zimbra or rebooting the server and see what happens.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I had a problem with docs not responding on RC1 this morning.

It was the "Zimbra vmware image" with the upgrade installed as an upgrade rather than 'let installed wipe and re-install'. Everytime I hit the doc button it kept displaying the 'script is taking long time' Firefox warning. If I kept pressing 'continue' it eventually displayed a Zimbra javascript error saying that java had recursed too many times. On one occasion it asked if I should allow a bug report to be sent, which I did allow (it appeared to be a zimbra bug report rather than firefox).

I re-installed the RC1 and this time select 'new install - delete mail etc' and the problem went away.

HTH
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by DGS_David
    I had a problem with docs not responding on RC1 this morning.

It was the "Zimbra vmware image" with the upgrade installed as an upgrade rather than 'let installed wipe and re-install'. Everytime I hit the doc button it kept displaying the 'script is taking long time' Firefox warning. If I kept pressing 'continue' it eventually displayed a Zimbra javascript error saying that java had recursed too many times. On one occasion it asked if I should allow a bug report to be sent, which I did allow (it appeared to be a zimbra bug report rather than firefox).

I re-installed the RC1 and this time select 'new install - delete mail etc' and the problem went away.

HTH
    David.
    Thanks David, I'm not using VMware though and this was a clean install. I'm holding out a little while longer before I try re-instsalling.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    I haven't explored it much but Documents is working on my system. What o/s are you using? Was this an upgrade or a clean install & which browser? Try clearing your browser cache and restarting Zimbra or rebooting the server and see what happens.
    It's a clean install on RHEL4. Firefox just says the script has stopped responding. IE says, Error: Out of stack space. Rebooting and clearing browser doesn't help.