Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Document sharing

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Document sharing

    This would be my dream app if there was a module for uploading and sharing documents.

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freit5
    This would be my dream app if there was a module for uploading and sharing documents.
    There is a Documents feature in Release 4, a RC1 is available for download and test. Have a look at the RC1 documentation from the download page. Documents is still considered a beta feature at this stage but it works.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    There is a Documents feature in Release 4, a RC1 is available for download and test. Have a look at the RC1 documentation from the download page. Documents is still considered a beta feature at this stage but it works.
    Yes, this is awesome. However, when I enabled it and clicked on the documents icon, the script never responds. Could this be a permissions issue?

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    I haven't explored it much but Documents is working on my system. What o/s are you using? Was this an upgrade or a clean install & which browser? Try clearing your browser cache and restarting Zimbra or rebooting the server and see what happens.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I had a problem with docs not responding on RC1 this morning.

    It was the "Zimbra vmware image" with the upgrade installed as an upgrade rather than 'let installed wipe and re-install'. Everytime I hit the doc button it kept displaying the 'script is taking long time' Firefox warning. If I kept pressing 'continue' it eventually displayed a Zimbra javascript error saying that java had recursed too many times. On one occasion it asked if I should allow a bug report to be sent, which I did allow (it appeared to be a zimbra bug report rather than firefox).

    I re-installed the RC1 and this time select 'new install - delete mail etc' and the problem went away.

    HTH
    David.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DGS_David
    I had a problem with docs not responding on RC1 this morning.

    It was the "Zimbra vmware image" with the upgrade installed as an upgrade rather than 'let installed wipe and re-install'. Everytime I hit the doc button it kept displaying the 'script is taking long time' Firefox warning. If I kept pressing 'continue' it eventually displayed a Zimbra javascript error saying that java had recursed too many times. On one occasion it asked if I should allow a bug report to be sent, which I did allow (it appeared to be a zimbra bug report rather than firefox).

    I re-installed the RC1 and this time select 'new install - delete mail etc' and the problem went away.

    HTH
    David.
    Thanks David, I'm not using VMware though and this was a clean install. I'm holding out a little while longer before I try re-instsalling.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    I haven't explored it much but Documents is working on my system. What o/s are you using? Was this an upgrade or a clean install & which browser? Try clearing your browser cache and restarting Zimbra or rebooting the server and see what happens.
    It's a clean install on RHEL4. Firefox just says the script has stopped responding. IE says, Error: Out of stack space. Rebooting and clearing browser doesn't help.

Similar Threads

  1. Cannot view global domain document
    By lilwong in forum Installation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 12:56 AM
  2. Document Sharing problem with WebUI
    By jw3193 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 10:43 AM
  3. Document Provisioning error
    By jawad@cogilent.com in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 11:52 PM
  4. upgrade 3.01>4.0.2@userlimit= backups "unknown document: BackupRequest"
    By martin@coherentlogix.com in forum Installation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 08:41 AM
  5. Zimbra Document Sharing Alternatives
    By ltabora in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •