Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: sms zimlet troubleshooting

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    9

    Default sms zimlet troubleshooting

    Morning.

    Hmmm. I would appreciate a little help if someone can point me in the right direction. I followed the general instructions to deploy the sms zimlet as per:
    http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=SMS_Zimlet - as I am clearly missing something.

    Steps to deply sms zimlet:

    $su - zimbra
    $cd zimlets-extras/
    $zmzimletctl deploy com_zimbra_sms.zip
    $zmzimletctl getConfigTemplate com_zimbra_sms.zip > cfg.tmp
    $vi cfg.tmp
    Changed the settings to match my ipipi.com account. wq!
    $zmzimletctl configure cfg.tmp
    $tomcat restart

    I should mention that my cfg.tmp looks as follows:

    <zimletConfig name="com_zimbra_sms" version="1.0">
    <global>
    <property name="smsusername">MyUserName</property>
    <property name="smspassword">MyPassWord</property>
    <property name="smsfrom">SN</property>
    </global>
    </zimletConfig>

    Where MyUserName, MyPassWord and SN are my actual detals as per ipipi.com. I have tested ipipi.com via the web interface and do not have any issues with the service.

    Whenever I send a message via the sms zimlet I get: Error could not SMS +6143xxxxxxx - this is after I fudged the sms.jsp to look as follows due to the code inserting a +1 (USA) country code bit. I basically just inserted '6' - for the time being (+61 being the country code for australia) - to test the service:

    if (!phone_num.startsWith("+61")) {
    if (phone_num.startsWith("6")) {
    phone_num = "+" + phone_num;
    } else {
    phone_num = "+61" + phone_num;
    }
    }

    Even with this alteration I am unable to sms and still get the "Error: Unable to SMS +6143xxxxxxx" error message. I've checked over a few things but don't seem to be able to find a place to where the freaking zimlet is logging its errors. It is not logging to zimbra.log nor anywhere else I could find.

    Only thing I have not done as yet is to dump out the ldap schemer, I assume that the sms part within the default schemer was simply overwritten rather then added to everytime I have re-deployed the sms zimlet?

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Rgs,

    Dan

    Release 4.0 on a Fedora Core 5 box.
    Last edited by switchnetworks; 09-06-2006 at 12:36 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 04:34 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 03:21 AM
  4. Domain Admin Error: Permission Denied
    By shanson in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 05:48 AM
  5. Post instsallation problems
    By Assaf in forum Installation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •