Thread: Asteriskmwi and Macintosh

Hybrid View

Default Asteriskmwi and Macintosh

I would like to get some troubleshooting assistance with the voicemail zimlet on a mac platform (Mac client, Linux (CentOS) server).

The zimlet works wonderfully on a PC with IE or firefox, but I can log in as the same user on a Mac and get different results.

Safari doesn't list the Zimlet - that's expected until Safari support can be beefed up
    Mozilla/Camino lists the zimlet and allows me to put in the user and password, but when I click on the icon, I get a diaglog box that contains no voicemail.

I have tried redeploying the zimlet with the debug lines in the .js file uncommented and ran it with a debug=3 in the URL, but I can't get any debugging feedback in the debug window or the Tomcat or Zimbra logs.

I get only a single message in the Tomcat access log.

10.14.0.155 - - [06/Sep/2006:23:26:00 -0400] "POST /service/proxy?target=http://10.0.4.254/cgi-bin/vmail.cgi HTTP/1.1" 200 230 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6"

That is the correct URL to the VMail cgi, but is doesn't have the rest of the URL including the user or password.

Can someone provide some assistance on where to find the debug logs in question or other tricks to try?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by penfold
    I would like to get some troubleshooting assistance with the voicemail zimlet on a mac platform (Mac client, Linux (CentOS) server).

The zimlet works wonderfully on a PC with IE or firefox, but I can log in as the same user on a Mac and get different results.

Safari doesn't list the Zimlet - that's expected until Safari support can be beefed up
    Mozilla/Camino lists the zimlet and allows me to put in the user and password, but when I click on the icon, I get a diaglog box that contains no voicemail.

I have tried redeploying the zimlet with the debug lines in the .js file uncommented and ran it with a debug=3 in the URL, but I can't get any debugging feedback in the debug window or the Tomcat or Zimbra logs.

I get only a single message in the Tomcat access log.

10.14.0.155 - - [06/Sep/2006:23:26:00 -0400] "POST /service/proxy?target=http://10.0.4.254/cgi-bin/vmail.cgi HTTP/1.1" 200 230 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6"

That is the correct URL to the VMail cgi, but is doesn't have the rest of the URL including the user or password.

Can someone provide some assistance on where to find the debug logs in question or other tricks to try?

Robert
    I'm having a similar problem, however I changed the 10.0.4.254 (that I think was in the original conf.xml) to the actual Asterisk web interface address that is on my network. You say this works for you otherwise?

The IP included in the config.xml is similar, but the 10.0.4.254 is our asterisk box and it works fine from a PC using IE or mozilla, but the same setup comes up blank on a Mac client with Mozilla or Camino.