Thread: Zimlet Administration Access

Default Zimlet Administration Access

Hi All...

I have just installed Redhat 4 AS and Zimbra for Redhat. I installed zimbra according to the installation guide and have "deployed" the default zimlets. However, according to the admin guide they should be available for administration through COS. They are not visable to enable for my users. If I run "zmzimletctl listZimlets" it displays the loaded zimlets in all the right placed. I ran the "enable" command again to make sure. I have also restarted the server and closed and reopend the browser to make sure I got a refreshed interface. I have looked through the forums and this does not seem to addresses. Any thoughts?

mmj1000
    Last edited by mmj1000; 09-25-2006 at 06:04 PM.

You will need to deploy them:
    Code:
    zmzimletctl deploy zimletname
    FROM the the "zimlets" and "zimlets-extra" directories.

In recent versions the zimlets are turned off by default.

Having the Zimlet in COS is not enough. You need to have them deployed on your host.
    Regards,

Chintan Zaveri
    (Yet another ZIMBRAN!)

"Dhundhne par Bhagwan bhi ..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmj1000
    Hi All...

I have just installed Redhat 4 AS and Zimbra for Redhat. I installed zimbra according to the installation guide and have "deployed" the default zimlets. However, according to the admin guide they should be available for administration through COS. They are not visable to enable for my users. If I run "zmzimletctl listZimlets" it displays the loaded zimlets in all the right placed. I ran the "enable" command again to make sure. I have also restarted the server and closed and reopend the browser to make sure I got a refreshed interface. I have looked through the forums and this does not seem to addresses. Any thoughts?

mmj1000
    The only way to administrate zimlet is via zmzimletctl since there's still no GUI in the Admin Console yet. From http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit..._with_Zimlets:

Deploying Zimlets

The Zimlet zip file should be copied to each Zimbra server where it will be deployed.
    To deploy a Zimlet to the default COS

Copy the zip file to the /opt/zimbra/zimlets directory.

Type the following command
    zmzimletctl deploy <zimlet.zip file name>

Deploying the Zimlet creates the Zimlet entry in the LDAP server, installs the Zimlet files on the server, grants access to the members of the default COS, and turns on the Zimlet.

Running zmzimletctl deploy is equivalent to running the following four commands.

zmzimletctl install

zmzimletctl ldapDeploy

zmzimletctl acl default grant

zmzimletctl enable
    To deploy a Zimlet to a COS other than default

To deploy a Zimlet to one or more COSs other than default, first install the Zimlet, then adjust the ACL on the COSs.

Copy the zip file to the /opt/zimbra/zimlets directory.

Type the following command
    zmzimletctl deploy <zimlet.zip file name>

This creates the Zimlet entry in the LDAP server, installs the Zimlet files on the server, grants access to the members of the default COS, and turns on the Zimlet.

To add the Zimlet to other COSs and grant access, type
    zmzimletctl acl <zimletname> <cosname1> grant

You can grant access to more than one COS on the same command line. Enter as zmzimletctl acl <zimletname> <cosname1> grant <cosname2> grant

Note: To turn off access to Zimlets in the default COS, type
    zmzimletctl acl <zimletname> default deny
    HTH,

-g