Thread: Zimlet Idea - CAN-SPAM

Default Zimlet Idea - CAN-SPAM

I work for a company that adheres to the CAN-SPAM act. On occasion, I need to send out email to a distribution list. According to the CAN-SPAM Act, I cannot do this by placing a contact group into the BCC field and sending the note. Instead, I need to create an individual email for each member of the group.

I was wondering if anyone had created a Zimlet that would let you select a Contact Group and email template, then send individual email out to each member of that Contact Group.

Thoughts?

Uhm, that's exactly how the BCC: field works (individual e-mail messages are generated by the SMTP server).

Or, do you mean that you must have a separate "Sent" message for each person in the group, saved in your account?
    Freddie

Quote Originally Posted by fcash View Post
    Uhm, that's exactly how the BCC: field works (individual e-mail messages are generated by the SMTP server).

Or, do you mean that you must have a separate "Sent" message for each person in the group, saved in your account?
    Freddie,
    Thanks for the response. My organization has interpreted the CAN SPAM Act to say that I must send an individual messages by using only the "To" field. I cannot use "bcc". So if I need to send out a note to a Contact Group of 100 people and I don't want the recipients to see everyones else's email address, I need to create 100 separate emails. Not very efficient, hence my post. Any help is appreciated.