Thread: Salesforce.com Zimlet

Default Salesforce.com Zimlet

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Salesforce.com zimlet is currently beta or is it a fully functioning release in Zimbra?

I'm having big problems. When dragging an email message to the zimlet, it will only allow me to add the message to accounts already existing in Salesforce. For instance, I cannot drag a message to an individual contact that I have in Salesforce. It simply won't recognize. I can only drag messages to accounts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's released and functioning for the features it provides. It may not provide the feature you want but it works for the features it has. Your correct in that is requires an account/contact before you can use Send&Add or DnD an email. You can drag a contact to the Zimlet which will let you create an account and the contact on the fly. A future feature would be to allow the message to create all three, and optionally an opportunity.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

I've noticed that there are a few items missing that are provided in the Outlook integration such as the ability to add an email to an existing Contact (only Account and Opportunity pop up) and the creation of new Accounts, Contacts or Opportunities from a email.

Any idea when Zimbra plans to upgrade the functionality of this Zimlet? Can we access the source of the Zimlet to try for ourselves? I am a Salesforce.com implementation partner, and we really try to push Zimbra to some of our small business clients. Unfortunately we can't get the functionality they know exists with the Outlook integration.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You can either add your own zimlet or modify the one supplied. If you want to modify the supplied zimlets you need to follow the license at www.zimbra.com/license and probably need to complete a contributor agreement. The zimlets are all in /opt/zimbra/zimlets-extra in the zip files.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.