Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vtiger and Zimbra

Default Vtiger and Zimbra

Is anyone working with these products on a combined basis?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

My psychic powers have failed this am. It might help if you posted details of the product you're talking abaout and what you're interested in doing with it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

vTiger is a fork from SugarCRM.

New version 5 came out a couple weeks ago, with AJAX WebUI, Thunderbird, Outlook and Office connectors.

I suppose the idea (I do have the same interest in the initial question) would be to have a "link" (like Salesforce ?) between Zimbra and VTiger, for calendars, emails, contact lists, etc.

Default You got it

That's exactly right.

Has there ever been any activity with this? I myself have been wondering about a Zimlet that connects with vTiger.

Default I'm working on it now

Hello !

My employer asked me to develop such a zimlet to enable our zimbra using colleagues to "speak" with our sales department. I'm currently at the very beginning, writing use cases and such. What we mainly focus on is support for contact management (setting up a new vtiger contact by dragging'n'dropping address book entries or emails onto a zimlet button), potential management and a method to append notes and emails to accounts, contacts and potentials.

As far as I understood my superior, he wouldn't mind me sharing information about my progress in this forum, so if there is any interest in this topic, let me know. Of course I am also interested in hearing from other people about their vtiger zimlet projects.

Greetings,
    Michael

Smile

I'd love to get to beta-test your zimlet

thomas (AT) linprofs (DOT) com

Kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet, Med vennlig hilsen,
    Thomas Mathiesen
    --
    LinProfs BV
    Phone: +31 (0)70 35 211 93
    Mobile: +31 (0)6 408 10 429
    Web: LinProfs-Your IT Solution Provider

-
    "Microsoft is to operating systems & security ....
    .... what McDonald's is to gourmet cooking"

Thumbs up Count us in!

We would also love to help test your vTiger zimlet so please keep us informed!

Default vtiger / zimbra

We'd also be keen to help test this integration - get in touch if you need a hand. ian (DOT) homer (AT) gmail (DOT) com. Thanks - Ian

Default Thanks for your offers

and sorry that I didn't reply for so long, but I have been kept busy by another project. I hope that I will be able to get back to my zimlet project in the next weeks.

My status so far:
    I have build a rudimentary zimlet which shows me a zimlet button on which I can drag'n'drop E-Mails. Upon this my zimlet shows me a popup with the extracted E-Mail address. This sounds trivial but it took me some time, as the parameter containing the address was for some reason not available in my JSP via "request.getParameter("from")". With this address I plan to access vtiger via Webservice and search for an existing contact or create a new one.

That took me to the other end of my bridge: vtiger and its webservice api(s)
    First I tried this using Axis 1.4 which I knew from a former project. I ran into trouble deserializing an ArrayType and couldn't resolve it, so now I am trying the same thing with Axis2, which seems to work better.

Thank you all for your kind interest. As soon as I have something thats works I will come back to your offers to test it.

Greetings,
    Michael Noethe