Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Access from zimlet to Apache in the same server

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    La Paz, Bolivia
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    9

    Question Access from zimlet to Apache in the same server

    Hi. Please can somebody help me with this matter?

    I have Zimbra and Apache running in the same server. Zimbra is running at port 6081 and apache at 80.

    I put a simple webservice on apache and I need to access this webservice from a zimlet. But when I try to do that apache returns an HTTP 403 STATUS.

    Is it possible to fix it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruculmana
    Hi. Please can somebody help me with this matter?

    I have Zimbra and Apache running in the same server. Zimbra is running at port 6081 and apache at 80.

    I put a simple webservice on apache and I need to access this webservice from a zimlet. But when I try to do that apache returns an HTTP 403 STATUS.

    Is it possible to fix it?
    You shouldn't get this error on the same server. Can't say more than - have a look at Pages 33 and 34: Zimbra Zimlets Whitepaper.
    Regards,

    Chintan Zaveri
    (Yet another ZIMBRAN!)

    "Dhundhne par Bhagwan bhi ..."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    La Paz, Bolivia
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    9

    Post Still doesn't work

    I added
    <property name="allowedDomains">*.192.168.0.100</property>

    but the result is the same. HTTP 403 status.

    I'm using a simple REST webservice (named rest-server.php) like above:

    <?
    $amount=$_GET["amount"];
    $taxcalc=$amount*.15;
    echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" ?>";
    echo "<taxinfo>";
    echo "<result>".$taxcalc."</result>";
    echo "</taxinfo>";
    ?>

    I'm using the GET method to request a result in a xml file. (http://192.168.0.100/rest-server.php?amount=500)

    I noticed that when I request from firefox or opera, in the same server, the browser doesn't see the result like an xml file and show just a number. When I request from a windows system using IE the result is OK and the browser show an xml file. Also I put the rest-server.php in a win2000 server with the same results.

    Is this has relation with my zimlet problem? What do you think?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Not sure and am not very good with things, but could this be pertaining to encoding type?

    Perhaps you can try:

    Code:
     echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\" ?>\n";
    Regards,

    Chintan Zaveri
    (Yet another ZIMBRAN!)

    "Dhundhne par Bhagwan bhi ..."

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
  2. Zimbra fails after working for 2 weeks
    By Linsys in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 12:42 AM
  3. need advice on configuring zimbra to work with fax server
    By pheonix1t in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 07:46 PM
  4. Post instsallation problems
    By Assaf in forum Installation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM
  5. Error 256 on Installation
    By RuinExplorer in forum Installation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 09:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •