Thread: Creating a Form and sending a email

Hybrid View

Question Creating a Form and sending a email

Hi guys,

As the title says, I need to create a form to send a email using a zimlet, I tried to understand another zimlet, like the SocialZimlet, but the code is somehow hard to understand and I didn't find any example on how to use a Combo-box. With that form, I want to pre-formatted and send a email to our support staff. Simple like that. Can I have some insight on how to do that?

If you just want a mail pre-formatted, doesn't the template zimlet from zimbra do what you want?
    You would just need to set the template and give it to your users.
    If not, we will need some more informations on what you need.

Question

If you are talking about the mail template zimlet, no.

What we need here is to create a form, just like this one:

https://examples.wufoo.com/forms/s7p7p9/

And mail this, transparently, just by hitting the submit button. Later we are going to implement a archive system, so each form with user information will be put on a external database, and we are going to create a second zimlet (for administration), with reports and other stuffs.

For now, I need some insight on how to create this form and how to mail it.

I don't see what is the difficulty on the form creation.
    If you use an additional app, you can use as a base the example zimlet of the wiki : ZCS 6.0:Zimlet Developers Guide:Examples:Tab iFrame - Zimbra :: Wiki
    As you can see in it there is the function "app.setContent()" that allow you to write HTML code in the app.
    So you should just create your html form any way you want and add it to the app content with this function.

To send it by mail, you can send a soap request "SendMsgRequest" to send the message.
    You can check the example zimlet for soap request here : ZCS 6.0:Zimlet Developers Guide:Examples:SOAP API Basics - Zimbra :: Wiki
    You can also check the soap doc in your zimbra server for more informations about "SendMsgRequest" in /opt/zimbra/docs/soap.txt

Well, I was trying to find a way to do that inside zimbra, if possible. As you said, with a soap request I can solve this, but how the social zimlet form works? It has a form using the Dwt, but I couldn't understand it.

Also, I'm already inside zimbra, so how can I send a mail directly using some Zimlet API?

I was fixed with the idea to do something like Zimbra Social Zimlet, with all those Dwt, anyway, we must be grateful when someone give some effort to help and in my last post that wasn't clear.

Thank you, tdesorbaix! As I said, I can solve with SOAP, but I was just curious about how Social Zimlet uses form.

In the future, I hope to be useful to this community, I believe that Zimbra has a great potential!