Thread: Non-SOAP Interface

Hybrid View

Default Non-SOAP Interface

I am new to Zimlets and have some basic questions. I have a zimlet working and now I am getting ready to add the external call to a remote server. The Server is a Content Management System that supports WebDAV or just plain HTTP GET/PUT messages. Is the ideas that These calls are made from the Java Script running in the client browser, or do these call have to be somehow delegated back to the Zimbra Server to be made on behalf of the client?? If the latter is so, is there a way to delegate non-SOAP calls??

THanx Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jfavero View Post
    I am new to Zimlets and have some basic questions. I have a zimlet working and now I am getting ready to add the external call to a remote server. The Server is a Content Management System that supports WebDAV or just plain HTTP GET/PUT messages. Is the ideas that These calls are made from the Java Script running in the client browser, or do these call have to be somehow delegated back to the Zimbra Server to be made on behalf of the client?? If the latter is so, is there a way to delegate non-SOAP calls??

THanx Joe
    I think the "proper" way to do it here is to use AjxRpc to do the call. It's more then capable of handling it. AjxRpc can be used either synchronously or asynchronously, and can do both GET and PUT.

Let me know if you need more details.