Thread: Salesforce Zimlet - Adding Notes to Contacts

Default Salesforce Zimlet - Adding Notes to Contacts

I have been playing around with the SF zimlet and noticed that I am able to drag and drop emails and they will create entries at the account level, but it doesn't seem to give me the option to create the note at the contact level.

Running 4.5.1 GA if that matters.

- Edit -

I should add, that the contacts I am trying to add notes to exist in SalesForce. I grabbed the latest sforce.js from SVN, undeployed the existing zimlet, did a tomcat restart and then deployed the new version (again tomcat restart) but doesn't appear to make a difference.
    Last edited by gmsmith; 02-14-2007 at 08:24 PM.

This is commented out as some users complained that too many salesforce contacts showed up. We could enable it to show just the first 5 if that would help. If you'd like you can just re-add this option by uncommented that code in the sforce.js file.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
    This is commented out as some users complained that too many salesforce contacts showed up. We could enable it to show just the first 5 if that would help. If you'd like you can just re-add this option by uncommented that code in the sforce.js file.
    Kevin - thanks!

So I uncommented out the section and am now seeing the contacts. However when I try to write notes to these contacts, I get feedback that it is in fact writing the notes, but nothing shows up in SF. I will look at it a bit more later, but if you have any pointers, I would be happy to hear them

Thanks
    Greg

Default Adding contacts via sf plugin.

My co-worker fixed this issue. The zimlet attempts to use 'WhatId' to add a contact which requires the use of 'WhoId'. We corrected this issue in our local copy and I'll attach it here for use by anyone who would like to use it.

This copy also adds two other fixes which our sales staff asked for:

1) it allows scrolling within the zimlet by constraining the <div> to a 225px size as well as setting the overflow to 'auto'. Yes we have encountered long lists which overflow off the screen.

2) it doesn't check any boxes by default, which our sales staff found annoying and time consuming to uncheck.

I'm not sure if you'll find these other fixes helpful, but they are fairly easy to revert.

Hopefully some of these changes can filter into the main sforce zimlet.

EDIT:

I believe we need to fill out a Contribution Agreement for this to be legit. Hopefully this suffices:

Here is our Contribution Agreement:

Signing As: "Company"
    Full Name: Elliott Johnson
    Date: 3/12/2007
    Email: elliott@iparadigms.com
    Zimbra Community ID: "elliott"
    Address: 1624 Franklin Street, 7th Floor
    Oakland, CA 94612
    Company: iParadigms LLC
    Your Title: System Administrator

Signature: Elliott Johnson
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by elliott; 03-12-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Adding the contribution agreement